Banana Muffins!

For some reason my banana's have been going bad quite fast lately. No worries though because when banana's become brown they are PERFECT for making banana muffins!! I have always been fond of anything banana, so when my dad introduced me to banana bread I was in heaven (I prefer the muffins though because they are better on the go).

I found a great recipe online (found here) and decided to make them myself! They turned out delicious (I may or may not have eaten 3 when they came out of the oven) and I will definitely be using this recipe in the future.

Ingredients:
3 or 4 Bananas (preferably one's that have browned...it makes them sweet)

1 Cup of Sugar
1 1/2 Cups of Flour

1 Teaspoon of Vanilla

1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 Egg
Dash of Salt
1/3 Cup of Melted Butter

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mash the banana's (I used my hands for this, my dad prefers a fork) in a large bowl.
3. Add the melted butter to the mashed up banana's and mix.

4. Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla into the mixture and then mix it well.
5. Then add the baking soda and salt and mix.
6. Slowly add the flour and mix well!

The batter was SO good!!
7. This is the part that becomes fun and unique. Depending on what you like you can add chocolate, nuts, or my personal favorite...cinnamon!

8. If you would prefer making a loaf of bread you would now pour the batter into a greased 4x8 pan. I like making muffins so I used muffin pans with liners and sprayed them. (this recipe made me about 15 muffins)
9. Place the pan into the oven and cook for about 20 minutes. Mine cooked for a little less so just be super careful and watchful of them.
9. Once the timer has gone off take the muffins out of the pan to cool. I don't like to keep them in the pan to cool because that tends to burn the bottoms!
10. You are now ready to eat your delicious muffins!


These were seriously some of the best muffins I have ever had! I loved how easy and tasty this recipe was!

Have you ever made banana muffins before? What recipe do you use to make them? I would love to try new recipes :)

3 comments:

Fashion Meets Food said...

Yum! These look so good! I think I need to whip up a batch tonight! xo

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I never would have thought of putting cinnamon in banana bread! What a good idea!!

Savannah said...

These look delish! I just threw out bananas today and am bummed that I didn't read this post first! I've made Pioneer Woman's Banana Bread before but it's loaded in butter and sugar and not-so-good for you, but tastes delish! Never thought of cinnamon in banana bread, but plan to try it soon. Loving your blog!