Bows on Bows on Bows!

I keep seeing the most gorgeous bows pop up on my tumblr dashboard! I was in desperate need of a game day bow for my Towson Tigers! The University stores sells them for about $20...but for a bow, that was way too expensive!

How cute is this bow I found on tumblr!?
I decided it was time to make my own! I set out to Joanne Fabrics and got ribbon and barrette clips. I also borrowed my brothers hot glue gun to save some money. It was super easy to make the bow and you can create so many different styles!

I obviously chose yellow and black polka dot ribbon. You tie the ribbon into a bow and just hot glue it right on the barrette! It may take a few tries to get it perfect but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy!! This craft is perfect for college students on a budget. The total cost brought me under $20 and I have plenty of extra barrette clips that I can now make tons of different bows for different occassions!

How perfect do they match!?
Here's one actually in my hair!
Have you ever tried making hair bows?! Any suggestions on making different bows?! 

4 comments:

kelseaf said...

So glad you stopped by my blog! I am from Maryland and love the Ravens too (going to the Thanksgiving home game)! My friends make bows all the time with clips from Walmart and they are adorable, have an amazing time at the game!

The Queen Bee said...

Hi, B&P. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. Following you back. From the looks of your blog, I'd say we have something in common. Can you guess what?

Carrie said...

I love bows!
Style in the City

Miss Southern Prep said...

Cute! I love, love, love bows!