Hot Cocoa

There is nothing like curling up by a fire with a nice warm cup of hot cocoa after playing in the snow! Like really...nothing is better than that.
How delicious does this cup of hot chocolate look?
When I was younger I loved making the packets of Swiss Miss! While I still love making the packets (and did you know they came out with Swiss Miss K-Cups for your Keurig?!) I also really enjoy a cup of homemade hot cocoa. I use a Hershey's recipe to make it but I tend to add my own spin to it. Below is the recipe that I use:

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons of Sugar (just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down....okay i'll stop)
2 Tablespoons of Hershey's Cocoa  (Natural Unsweetened)
1 Cup of Milk
1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Dash of Salt
Dash of Cinnamon (optional)...I like to add spice to my hot chocolate so I always add Cinnamon
Mini Marshmallows (an obvious...if you like them)

Directions:
1. Mix the Sugar, Cocoa, and Salt in a large mug.
2. Pour the cup of milk into a different mug for about 2 minutes, or until however hot you would like it.
3. Gradually pour the heated milk into the mug that contains the Sugar, Cocoa, and Salt.
4. Mix it together well. (There might be some clumps of Cocoa still, just keep stirring until they are gone)
5. Stir in Vanilla Extract and then powder the top with Cinnamon.
6. Don't forget to add your Mini Marshmallows!

How easy was that?! You are now ready for a seriously DELICIOUS cup of hot chocolate.
You can also find this recipe on Hershey's website.

Here's my cup of hot cocoa!
YUMMY!
Have you ever made homemade hot chocolate? Have you ever tried a similar recipe? Do you have a recipe you would like to share....send them to me!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

You just made my day! I'm a huge fan of Swiss Miss and I LOVE my Keurig. Gotta go get some of those k cups now...
I love homemade hot chocolate too. I also use the Hershey's recipe. Yum.
Thanks for sharing!
xo,
A

Barefoot and Preppy said...

Abby-
Ah I am so glad you love them too. I was grocery shopping with my roommate the other day and saw them and was so excited!
The Hershey's recipe is definitely one of the best that I have found so far :)
xoxo,
rCm